And so we are going to make Dad's dream into a reality. After much "talking about it", we finally going to do the house renovation this June!
There are a lot of crazy thing about it but the first one to conquer is the packing up! Ystd, sis and I spent the whole day packing the clothes, shoes and the stuff like old cards, holiday pamphlets and blah blah.
I've got 1 full box of that and I realize that it was really the norm to send Christmas and birthday cards to each other though you are not exactly gd friends. Haha! Ok, maybe I am to them but I don't feel it so for me. Aiyo, so bad right!
Looking through those cards reminds me of the good old days all the way from Primary school. That's a good 21 years ago. *gasps* Some of those people, I don't even remember them. There are some from my students from Crescent girls', St Theresa's and Clementi Woods. I'm sure those cards spurred me on to be a gd teacher and encouraged me to stay the course. :) A lot of the cards are from my church friends. But we hardly stay in touch.
Looking back, so many people came and left in my life. You have those who show you how awesome life and people can be. You have those who stayed by you and went through the highs and lows in your life. Everyone I know deposited something into my life. Either love, sunshine and grace, or life's greatest lessons. Haha!
Through it all, the constant in my life is still Jesus. I'm so glad that I've been found and loved by Him. My rship with Him is really the reason for the path that I am on right now. He created miracles and set me up for events so that I can be who I am, doing what I do today. If I was not born into my family with loving parents and wonderful siblings, if I had gone to Outram Sec, if I had stayed in NJC, if I hadn't received the teaching scholarship, if I was not in A312, DT zone and many more ifs and if-nots, things could be very different today. Life has not always been favorable to me according to my expectations, but God never fails to turn things around for me.
Having Jesus in my life assures me that no matter how life turns out, it will always be alright. For now, I'm ready for my next adventure. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment