Friday, July 14, 2017

70 cents kopi


When the kopi auntie approached me, I reached for my wallet. Unzipping the side of the wallet, I reached for a $1 coin and some coins. However, when the auntie told me how much the drink was, I got a shock. I guess it was some sort of cognitive dissonance. Hahaha! My kopi siew-dai actually cost 70 cents! It's like the cheapest that I've ever heard! Usually, it will cost $0.90 to $1.20. $0.90 is already considered very cheap. I suppose that's what happens when you live in a matured estate with lots of elderly. That last time I had breakfast in the market, the bak-chor mee cost me $2.50. 

Everything taste the same everywhere actually. The coffee tasted no different from the one at the food court in town that cost $1.80 and the noodles tasted the same as anyone in the malls which cost $4.50- $5.  It's like 2-3 times the price! 

I think I shld eat at home more often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment