Sunday, July 30, 2017

The LAST time I did something for the FIRST time!

1/2 half of 2017 has been really fruitful. One of the main thing that makes the difference is my involvement with the urban greenery project.

From the brainstorming process, working on the syllabus, putting ideas tgt and helping to create new content, going to schools to help out as assistant, to eventually conducting the workshop, the most meaningful part for me will be working with like-minded people. It energizes me to be in a team who is passionate about what we are doing and you know everyone will do their best to make it work.

The most special part for me that I will always want to remember is working with the Madrasah. It all started when Dr T shared about how Madrasahs are considered private institutions and they don't get funding from the govt. Because of that, they are limited in their resources and opportunities as compared to the mainstream schools. Upon hearing this, I feel a lot to want to make the greenery workshops available to them. So I kinda followed up quite tightly on this because I believe everyone shld be given the same opportunity in education and experiential learning.

I'm so glad that eventually, doors opened for us. Dr T went down to the Madrasah to meet the Principal and I kinda tagged along coz I was curious to know how Madrasahs work. After the meeting, I thought how nice it will be if I can conduct a workshop for the kids there and I want to know how different the experience will be as compared to the mainstream schools.

Shortly after, I wasn't able to be as personally involved in the urban greenery project. But I'm so grateful that the collaboration with the Madrasah went through with the followup from the team. :) The workshops were scheduled to be in July.

Though I'm no longer involved now, by some change in events, I was requested to help out and teach for a session last week. I was like... SO EXCITED and YAYS!!! I was duper happy to have the opportunity to teach in a legit classroom again because that presents a chance to inspire and encourage the kids. :) My session was with a class of 26 boys and we had such a great time. I'm so glad I didn't forget my classroom management techniques and managed to engage the boys while "keeping them in their place". Haha!

I'm so grateful for all that is happening. This workshop is more than just a teaching session to me. We talked about it, took steps towards it and then it happened. And really, a lot of things in existence now come from a thought or a conversation with someone. You just need to set your heart to do it. Sometimes you see the results quickly and sometimes you don't. But it doesn't really matter if you truly believe in what you do or want to do. You will just keep at it until it works.

That's how BM happened too. There was no backup plan. It is just a lot of passion and hard work that make her what she is today.

2nd half of 2017 will be equally exciting as I find my involvement in a few new projects. I pray that God will open doors that will allow me to be a greater blessing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment