Tuesday, August 15, 2017

This has got to be my favorite picture.

As a teacher, I'm always the one who encourages the kids and somehow I'm used to doing that. And since I always look so positive, so confident and so blessed, I don't often get encouragements from people. I'm fine with that actually. But just that when people encourages me, it catches my attention a lot more than I thought.

During church anniversary, we played a game and there I was, being volunteered. When it was my turn to "perform", I heard a voice shouting "Go, Phoebe, you can do it!" I looked towards the direction of the shout and there I saw cute little Asher. Though I didn't score the highest for my "performance", I was beaming with joy because of what Asher said.

It dawn upon me that God uses the people I always encourage to encourage me back. When the Bible speaks about he who waters others get watered himself, I didn't know it can be so literal! I'm so grateful for the kiddos. :) Because of Reuben and Asher, I want to be a more loving and encouraging person. They have shown me how much love can be poured into a person and how much difference a small gesture can make. I want to build an environment around me where people feel loved and valued just the way God will love and value them. The power of God always move in an atmosphere of love. I pray that love will be the greatest motivator of my life... To be loved by God and to love Him and His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment