I want to eradicate poverty.
I guess when people realize what they have right now, is not because of anything they have done to deserve it, they will start to look outwardly. They will realize the great responsibility that their privileges bring.
We don't get a choice to choose where and when we are born in. But why are we so blessed to be born in Singapore and most importantly, during this period of time?
If one says that we deserve all that we are enjoying now because we worked hard for it, then I question why people who worked equally hard, if not harder, not being able to enjoy our kind of luxuries in their 3rd world countries?
Does God love the people from this part of my world more than those in war-torn countries?
As I expose myself to issues pertaining to social injustice, human slavery and poverty, it just convinces me more that life is unfair, so unfair. I used to be upset with God abt this. I will often ask Him why is this world like that? But most of the time, the busyness of life just quietly nudge me to go with the flow with what all other Singaporeans are doing- work and enjoy life.
I really don't think I can turn a blind eye to this anymore. To whom more is given, more is expected. Do we think God has blessed us with so much just for us to enjoy all that ourselves? Or can it be that we are responsible to help those who can't help themselves? We are the solution to the broken-down world. We are the answer to the prayers of many. We are the light of this world.
As I prepare myself for 2018, I want to make a commitment to myself to move out of my comfort zone and to be what I have mentioned. It is so strange that while I was on the train to work this afternoon, I suddenly felt so strongly about this. Then, I saw a vision of a reservoir. This reservoir is filled with heaven's rain and it was very full. There were many outlets coming out from that reservoir that flowed into many people's lives, giving them sustenance. When I saw that, I told God that I want to be that reservoir. I'm not sure what this will lead to. But I am open. I am excited about what God has in store for me. I want to say YES more to opportunities that will allow the reservoir to fill up people's lives. God ALWAYS do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ask or imagine.
If you ask me now, do I have an idea of what 2018 will look like? I will tell you no. I've got no big plans to make more money. No big plans to travel except to bring my parents on their holiday. No big plans for whatsoever. And, isn't that better? That means I'm always ready for God's plan then!
The worst enemy of love is not hatred, but apathy. May I never grow to be indifferent to the atrocities happening in this world.

No comments:
Post a Comment