Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Emotions

I used to be really scared of them. Mainly coz it's something that I can't control. I am guilty of avoiding them so that I can continue to "function" as normal. You know, you ignore stuff and pretend they don't exist so to make you think that everything is fine. When it's not! Haha!

But I realise emotions are neither right or wrong. They are neither good or bad as well. It is just the way things are. Emotions reveal what is inside of us. Maybe the insecurities, the fears and those negative stuff that we never want people to know.

Suppressing my emotions has proven to be disastrous. Denying it makes things worse. The best way out? Acknowledge them. Accept them. Ask them(Why do I feel this way?).

Slowly, I recognize that my emotions are not that scary afterall! They are just who I am. Embracing how I feel is the first step to freedom and happiness.

Actually, I thought I'm quite a reflective person. Perhaps it has been a lot of brain work but not heart work. 😬

No comments:

Post a Comment