Someone said: We can't add days to our life but we can certainly add life to our days. :)
How am I living my life more meaningfully? It's true that we are a sum of our experiences and what we go through in life especially the bad stuff, makes us reflect and they change us. It can go both ways... be it change for the good or the bad.
My project #connection has been a little slow. My state and my intentions make a lot of difference. When I am so sucked into my problems and troubles, I simply don't have time for anyone else. Well, managing a pity party inside my mind is A LOT OF EFFORT!!! So, I realise that SMILING helps a lot to make the first connection. EYE CONTACT as well. OBSERVATION coupled by a positive COMMENT is the way to go.
So today, I connected myself with my grab driver who offers riders FREE WATER and TISSUE PACKS. We chatted a lot about health(exercise and eat healthy is important), travel(when you drive to M'sia, always park your car where it is crowded with human traffic coz he got robbed and his car window smashed before) and eventually I asked him why he is so nice! Like, what makes him want to do all the nice stuff when he can be like other drivers!
He simply told me that there was a time when he was under the hot sun and he was so thirsty when he got onto the cab. He wished that he had water but there was none. And simply because of that, he chose be a blessing so that people will not go through what he had gone through.
See, we are a sum of our experiences right! If he had not experienced that thirst, he would not have done what he is doing. It's really powerful when we connect our experiences and see through the lens of wanting to be a blessing and to be kind. God will always show us what to do!
So next time, when we want to be a blessing, look no further, ask no one. Look within yourself and ask yourself: What is one experience that I don't like? Is there any way that I can give people a different experience?
Life is probably just as simple as that. So is kindness and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment