Monday, May 15, 2017

450ml of human blood

Time really flies. The last time that I donated blood was 2 years ago. I should really be more consistent in this. May and November seems like gd months to do it because I need at least 4 months of waiting time when I visit Malaria risk countries like Myanmar.

I'm always very stressed abt needles poking me and I tend to amplify my fears. But I tried to replace those fearful thoughts today and it turned out pretty fine. :) My last donation was not a gd experience for me. I nearly fainted due to low blood pressure. Because of that, I was a bit apprehensive about it this time.

Anyway, the nurse who attended to me looked really familiar and I am pretty sure that I saw her 2 years back. So I took the chance to encourage her. Told her that I remember her and it was because she was v caring nurse. She was so happy to hear that. Glad I get a chance to brighten up someone's day. :)

SOoo, if you have not donated blood for the past 3 months, do consider going to the blood bank. 1 bag of blood can save 3 lives!!! I think it's super worth it from a mathematical point of view. Haha! But if you are unable to donate blood due to medical issues, don't be disheartened. You can always make a difference in other ways like encouraging someone with your kind words and help them to see that they are awesome. Remember, it's not about our ability but our gd intentions.

Let's make the world a better place. Together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment