Wonderful people do make a difference in our lives. I'm thankful for a particular lady whom I encounter almost every other day. She is the coffee shop lady near BM who makes the nicest kopi siew dai. I got to know her more through the little conversations we had over the past few months since BM shifted to Blk 501.
She is always smiling and ever so positive. She never showed tiredness regardless how hot the weather is. It can be quite a challenge standing in the coffeeshop in a 33 deg celsius humid day. There was once she bought a few peaches and even shared one with me.
Just 2 weeks ago, she told me that she will be going back to China for good as she has a 6 years old kid back home. Though I don't really know her that well, I felt a bit sad about it. I think she has become like a friend to me. Well, I thought instead of being sad, I should just celebrate with her. I racked my brain to think of a farewell gift. Or maybe a gift for her child. But I'm just worried that she may not have any luggage space for it! So, being a very practical person, I gave her an angbao 2 days ago. I hope it can be a blessing to her as well. She was very shocked and thankful when she received it. We exchanged numbers and parted.
Just today, she texted me and told me to go and look for her. She said she has a gift for me. Turned out that she bought me a box of chocolates and treated me to coffee. She says that my life is like the chocolates, full of sweetness. I'm really touched by her gratefulness and sweetness. She doesn't really need to buy me a gift but she did.
Thank you so much for being you, Ruyu! Your presence is really a joy and an encouragement to me. I'll definitely miss you and your coffee so much. I don't think you will read this but this post is for me to remind myself of a wonderful person and friend. Wish you all the best for your future and hope to meet you again one day! ❤️
Maybe I am a super social person. But looking out for people and being a blessing to them is what we should do. Pst shared in service today that we receive the Light and then be the light to the world. If we don't make this world a better place, if we don't share the love we have experienced from Jesus, who will do it? Being someone who has been very blessed, I pray that I'll always use my blessings to help people. People may not know Jesus yet, but they can at least experience God's blessings and grace through me.
If you are feeling down and depressed today, don't look inwardly anymore. Look around you. Choose to be a blessing to people. Choose to care for others. You may then realize that your problems are not as big as the skies above you, but maybe just the size of the ceiling of your room.

No comments:
Post a Comment