Thursday, January 18, 2018

Hello 2018

For I, the Lord, your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'
Isa 41:13

Isn't it amazing that the God of this Universe says to us that He will help us, that He will back us up and that He will be there to hold our hands? It kind of reminded me of a picture of an adult father holding the hand of his child while crossing the road. Ahem, yes, illegally. There can be so much danger but the father has vision, wisdom and experience to guide his young child across a road of potential dangers. I'm sure the child feels so secure and to him, nothing bad is going to happen.

With this perspective, my problems now seem a little smaller and insignificant. Receiving downloads from God's words has this magical way of ushering in a perfect peace that is unexplainable. Perhaps, I'm experiencing the exact same thing that the young child would feel, having his hand held firmly by his father. Such is bliss when you don't have to fight for yourself, being fearful that you don't make it in this rat race in life. Being a child of God is really a privilege when I know my future is safe and secure. I can afford to be a blessing to others. I can afford to be kind and helpful. I can afford to be generous. And being able to afford those things makes anyone a happy person.

In just 2 weeks into the new year, many things had happened. New people I meet. New ideas I have. New dreams I embrace. New opportunities I meet. And I realise God has actually been preparing me for all these from last year. Like when scenario A happened, there's a voice on the inside of me that reminded me "Hey, remember you were thinking about this the other time?"

I'm really looking forward to what's to come. But more than that, I'm excited to develop myself to be more of who God has made me to be and having Him by my side to guide and lead me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment