It's been a highly demanding week. My frustration limit was challenged a few times. I need a geeky brain that can solve all my IT problems. :'( I hope I can put an end to my misery soon.
This week has been really eventful. Ah, I should have blogged about the O level results release with all my heartfelt thoughts and reflections. But well, I'll wait till sometime this week when I'm more clear-headed.
So what happened this week?
- I actually gave out flyers for the first time after so many years. Many as in 15 years? I remembered the last flyer I gave out was related to some car servicing or products. Totally unrelated to me and I was in it for the pocket money. But this time, it was for something I believe in. I stood outside the library on 3 different days, the first day was with a friend and the next two days was alone. I just pray that my sincerity and passion will move people to believe me and challenge them to try something
new.
- I attended my first ever foraging gathering. Amazing! The whole experience really changed my perspective of my home country. I rem being more appreciative about Sg after my last Portugal trip. Today, my appreciation level just went up another notch. You can legit find edible plants on the road! Not just that, some have really awesome healing properties. Bitter leaves, oxelis(clove leaves), hibiscus plant, bougainvillea and more. Auntie gave me some blue pea seeds as well. Going to get them planted real soon and looking forward to do some magic with my kids. Turning blue water to pink! And best part, the water will be drinkable and supposed to have healing properties too! :) I shall take a video of that when that day comes. Another very interesting thing was meeting the founder of Freegan in Singapore. Nope, not vegan. Yes, it’s freegan! Daniel will bring a group of people for dumpster diving, sieve out the useful stuff and give them away. Some are items and some are food. It just blew my mind. Oh well, I don’t think I’m really for this but it’s some food for thought for me. How have I used my resources? Do I need more things in my life to be happy? How can I share with the people around me in order to reduce wastage and save the earth? Hmmm....
Anyway, today’s foraging gathering was also one of the few times when I join a social group. I swear I had a headache after being in a big group for just 2 hours. And I wonder if I am really an extrovert? Hahaha!
So those are the highlights in the midst of my lowlights. I know struggles are part and parcel of life. Praying that I’ll have the strength to go through any difficulties and more than that, I’ll depend on God more. Trusting His promises to me and allowing myself to be led by Him rather than my willfulness and emotions.




No comments:
Post a Comment