I don't remember loving reading so much. But today, as I held on to my hard cover "Out of our Minds" while reading at the bus stop and on the bus, I must say I look scholarly. Like a university student. Haha!
Interestingly, today as I shared with my students how I enjoyed reading, they gave me the "you are a nerd" face. I'm like "you shallow being". Haha! But really, if you read about the routines of highly effective and successful people, reading is one of their habits. Of coz, I don't read just so I can be like them. But there's so much value in reading. Broadening your world perspectives, giving you insights of people who are out of your circle of friends, challenging your world views and assumptions, and just lots more.
No wonder one of world's greatest invention was the printing press. Because of that, ideas and knowledge can be spread and shared. I'm sure we don't appreciate that now but if we are to bring ourselves back to the Middle Ages, we would know that books are a real privilege.
I like how I can ponder on what I've read for as long as I want. I love reading on the go coz my butt hurts if I sit too long at my study desk and my neck hurts if I lie on the bed and read.
So, today I unpacked my boxes of books from my home renovation and decided to put them up. There will be 3 more books that will soon be added to the collection. Can't wait for them to come but that means I got to finish up my current read soon!
Books bring me to the corners of the world that I may never have the chance to go. They bring people that I highly admire to be my mentor.


No comments:
Post a Comment