Monday, August 5, 2019

Connections

We need connectedness more than ever before. I'm slowly beginning to realise the power of many and the magic of a community. It's definitely a journey of discovery through the people and circumstances that God has brought me through. 

When there is connections, you discover a lot more than you can imagine. With discovery, you learn and grow a lot more. 

I guess connection starts with curiosity and is often accompanied by a certain degree of vulnerability. I'm making more effort to look into strangers' eyes, smile at them, strike conversations with them and just getting interested to listen to their stories. I don't know. I feel everyone has a story to tell and we won't have all the time in this world to experience everything. So why not get inspired by others and learn from them?

Today I spoke to the lady boss of an eatery in TPY that I always visit. For the first time, I chatted with her and realised she built up her business for over 20 years. Her husband passed away a number of years back and she had to bring up her 3 sons single-handedly. Amazing woman of strength. She shared with me about her struggles on hiring, which I can relate to TOTALLY! Haha! Through the conversation, I seek to encourage her and affirm her. It was a magical moment of connection and support for each other. I left the place, feeling happy. Maybe I felt supported as well to know that I'm never alone in my journey of struggles and stress. There are people who have gone before me and they made it!

I think I want to make this a mini project for my life for this period. The Connection Project. I will seek to connect with different strangers. I want to expand my life. There are just so many experiences that I have yet to learn about. I pray that through this mini project, God will speak to me and give me strength through the difficulties that I'm facing now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment