Yes, it's chai latte! :p
Whenever I visit a cafe and see that beverage in the menu, the chances of me ordering that is like 90%.
I don't think I ever shared the reason for my love for chai latte until today when I met Wendy for dinner. You know, some things just occupy a special place in your heart and slowly it creates a habit in you. Each time when you go down that path of least resistance, you begin to savor a part of the beautiful memories attached to it, unknowingly.
Though chai is so much associated to Indian spice, chai latte reminds me all about my first ever family trip to Melbourne in 2012. It was at that overseas trip that I ordered my first chai latte and I just fell in love with it for its unique taste. As I don't come from a really well-off family, we don't really get the chance to take flights together as a family for overseas trips. So when sis and I were a little more financially abled, we thought we shld create some beautiful memories with our parents.
2012 was not exactly the best year for me as BM's financial account was still in the red. It was challenging to keep things going even. However, after my mum got better from her ordeal, that period seems like a good time to bring her to see the world.
God is always a loving Father and provider. He knew that I needed some help for the trip and He opened doors for me to teach in a school just for a few weeks to take over a teacher who's on maternity leave. The pay from that short stint covered a big part of the travel expenses and made that holiday possible. So that trip was really a miracle for me but most importantly a reminder of God's goodness.
So each time when I take a sip of my chai latte, I'm always filled with gratitude and it really brings back memories of a beautiful holiday with my family. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment