Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Heaven on Earth

So after a class of crazy vinyasa, I lie down on the mat for my final Savasana. I love my savasana everytime coz it's the most relaxing pose of any class and I love it when blood flows to my brain after an adrenaline-pumping workout. I feel it has a way of "clearing my mind".

So while enjoying my moment of peace, three words came to my mind.
"Heaven on Earth". And interestingly, I asked myself "How do I experience that?" And before I knew it, it became an internal dialogue with Jesus.

God reminded me of a scripture In the Book of James and it talks about what true religion is. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from this world. And the answer was revealed to me in that instance. To experience heaven on earth is to be found close to the underprivileged and needy people in the society.

But wait, are you serious, God? I never really felt happy or extreme joy when I'm with them because I'm often reminded of the unfairness and cruelty of life. I'm reminded of the dark side of humanity and selfishness of man. Frankly speaking, though I enjoy doing volunteer work, I sometimes find myself feeling more discouraged about life after meeting them. How is that possible, God?

Thankfully God is really patient with me.

"It is possible because that is where My power and love will shine the greatest and brightest. That is where people will need Me the most and My miracles will be the most glorious. Most people in your world doesn't need Me. Everyone is self-sufficient. When a land is flooded with waters of self-made achievements, the rain of the Holy Spirit is redundant and not desired."

That was like a God-moment for me. While I have been trying to do good, there's always an inner desire to see more of God's power. What I had been doing are good things but they seem to lack the God element or factor. I had been focusing on how poor thing people are, but instead, I should start seeing them from Heaven's perspective- who God sees them. Seeing how much God loves them is one thing, but at the same time, I need to see their potential, the way God created them.

I think for next year, I would like to give of myself more to be with the needy and underprivileged people. I want to spend more time with them so that I can bring heaven to them and more importantly to myself. The amazing thing is that I knew exactly where to start and who are the group of people I want to reach out to. :)

I must say this yoga class is the most life-changing one. I've intended for November to be a month of direction-setting for next year. But God is so on-the-ball. I'm definitely looking forward to what 2018 can offer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment